SERVICOM was created on 21st March, 2004 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in a bid to drive his Administration’s Service Delivery Initiative (SDI).
The word SERVICOM is an acronym which stands for “SERVICE COMPACT”. It is a system fashioned to measure and improve the quality of service as delivered by the Government through its various Ministries, Departments, Parastatals and Agencies.
In compliance with the Federal Government’s directives, The Fund’s Executive Management at its meeting on 21st July 2005 approved the establishment of the SERVICOM Unit for the Fund. Following the approval, the Fund’s SERVICOM Unit was inaugurated on the 11th of August 2005.
SERVICOM is hinged on four main principles:
- Affirmation of commitment to the service of the Nigerian nation.
- The conviction that Nigeria can only realize her full potential if citizens receive prompt and efficient service from the state.
- Consideration for the needs and rights of all Nigerians to enjoy social and economic advancement.
- Dedication to deliver services to which citizens are entitled in a timely, fair, honest, effective and transparent manner.
2.0 FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICOM UNIT
The TETFund SERVICOM Unit was established to perform the following Functions:
- Institute a complaints procedure including grievances redress mechanism for the Fund;
- Ensure promotion of quality assurance and best practices in the Fund’s activities;
- Facilitate a safe and conducive working environment for staff at all level of service delivery;
- Spearhead service delivery initiatives through SERVICOM compliance;
- Co-ordinate the formulation and operation of SERVICOM Charter and service improvement plans in the Fund;
- Monitor and report the performance of the Fund under SERVICOM obligations through compliance evaluations using SERVICOM index;
- Publicize Charter and sensitize the beneficiaries to demand good quality service as a right not privilege;
- To serve as a link between the Fund and Ministerial SERVICOM office, and
- Coordinating the SERVICOM Committee Meeting in the Fund.
3.0 ORGANOGRAM OF SERVICOM UNIT
The Organogram of TETFund SERVICOM Unit:
SERVICOM Complaint /Contact Lines
- SERVICOM official email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SERVICOM lines: 09095479211, 09018657601, 08149770171, 07054191112