Revenue and Investment
The Revenue and Investment Department is primarily charged with deepening and improving the Education Development Tax (EDT) Collections by Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), via tracking of collections, manages the Investment Portfolio of the Fund.
The Department is made up of Officers on Investment Cadre, Planning Cadre and Accounting Cadre and headed by a Director.
The Department have two (2) Divisions, namely:
- Investment Division
- Revenue Division
The Department is saddled with the following Responsibilities.
- Monitor and coordinate the collection of Education taxes by Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as provided by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Establishment, ETC.) Act 2011;
- Collection of Revenue accruing to the Fund from all other sources of Investments (FGN Bond & Nigerian Treasury Bills);
- Ensure Prompt remittance of collected Education Tax;
- Selecting Investment Managers, Monitoring performance, and ensuring Investment in secured portfolios as provided by the Act;
- Administer, control and regulate the activities and functions relating to Revenue and Investment of the Fund;
- Ensure that revenue and Investment records are properly preserved;
- Preparation of quarterly, half yearly & year end Revenue and Investment statements/reports;
- Revenue and Investment drive; and
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned to the Department/Fund.