department of Public Affairs
The Department is saddled with the responsibility of managing the image and reputation of the Fund, through a robust media strategy.Public Affairs is referred to as image maker of the Fund in that it is actively involved in the control of information flow in and out of the organization. There is a constant interface between the Department and the Office of the Executive Secretary to ensure that the Fund activities are adequately covered.
The Department also ensures cordial relationship with the media and that the Agency gets the media coverage and publicity required.
The Department is responsible for filtering news from the media and relating same, and also gives advice on possible action to be taken where necessary.
The Department conceptualizes, designs and implements Public Relations Strategies towards ensuring that the Fund gets and maintains positive image with the publics.
It functions also involves gaining understanding and support of our clients, as well as trying to influence opinion and behavior, using all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the Fund.
Managing all forms of communications between the Fund and the Public Image Maker for the Fund.
2.0 DIVISIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT
The Department Consists of 4 Divisions;
1. Corporate Affairs Division
2. Public Relations Division
3. Protocol Division
4. Publications Division
3.0 Functions & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for all corporate and public communication matters that affect the image and integrity of TETFund and as may be determined from time to time;
2. Ensures that all TETFund events are well publicized including video and photo coverage;
3. Liaise with relevant Departments for website content, facilitate availability of TETFund services and images to be posted on the website in collaboration with the ICT Department;
4. Monitors media coverage by going through the papers every day and reporting to the Executive Secretary on issues pertaining the Fund;
5. Prepare and vet speeches, press releases and media presentation on behalf of TETFund as ay be required during special functions and occasions;
6. Production of TETFund Newsletter, Annual Reports and other relevant publications concerning the Fund;
7. Responsible for the local and international traveling arrangements for the Board of Trustees and the Executive Secretary of the Fund such as visa procurements, passport procurements and renewal as well as Note Verbale for Board, Management and Staff;
8. Produces Documentaries on the Fund including jingles and adverts placement for airing in both print and electronic media;
9. Arranging for the production of TETFund branded souvenirs and gifts items for presentation to stakeholders and at important events and ceremonies; and
10.Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
4.0 Strategic objectives of the Public Relations Division
1. Provides guidance to photo-journalists and journalists on areas of coverage during TETFund events
2. Mobilizes the Media for effective coverage of TETFund activities
3. Monitors end results of jingles, Documentaries and other news of interest to TETFund
4. Monitors and reviews Newspapers Reports, Radio and Television programmes concerning the Fund
5. Coordinates the media for media tour of beneficiary institutions
6. Produces TETFund News MAGAZINE
7. Produces TETFund News Bulletin
8. Produces TETFund Annual Report
9. Produces TETFund At A Glance
10.Gathers news items and pictures for publication from every Department/ Units concerning the Fund
11.Engages in Special Features writing
12.Production of Documentaries
13.Conceptualizing contents for Adverts/Announcements and jingles
14. Facilitates placements of Adverts/Announcements/Jingles in the media etc.
4.1 Strategic objectives of the Protocol Division
1. Handles travelling arrangements for Board Members, the Executive Secretary and Staff
2. Advise on travel and entry requirements
3. Pursues the issuance, renewal and extension of visa and passports
4. Procures Note Verbale for all official trips of the Fund
5. Accompanies Board members, Executive Secretary and members of Executive Management to the Airport for travelling formalities.
6. Makes prompt arrangements to receive the Fund’s special visitors, Board members and Staff at the Airport
7. Ensures arrangements for transportation, proper accommodation when/where necessary
8. Secures and arranges venues for all TETFund functions.