GUIDELINES FOR ACCESSING AND UTILIZING OF LIBRARY INTERVENTION FUNDS
- LIBRARY DEVELOPMENT INTERVENTION
The main objective of this intervention shall be to support beneficiary institutions to have modern library equipment, alongside current and relevant books and holding. (Hard and e-copies as the case may be) of the various courses being offered.
Disbursement of funds shall be in two tranches of 85% and 15%
Covering Letter/Request for AIP;
- Requirements for issuance of Approval–In–Principle are as follows:
- Executive Summary of the Proposals
- List of Books Stating the Author, Title, Publishers, Year of Publication, ISBN Number Quantity, Unit Cost and Amount;
- List of Equipment stating Manufacturer, Specifications Unit cost and Total cost;
- Genuine Pro-forma Invoice from reputable and relevant sources, including sample photographs of such equipment and books
- For furniture-related procurements, catalogues/photographs of the type of wood to be used;
- For E-library, detailed specification / description of the items shall be provided with cost;
- At least 70% of total allocation shall be used for procurement of books andperiodicals while the balance shall be for furniture and library equipment;
- Beneficiary institutions shall show evidence of a functional and properly constituted Library Development Committee (LCD) Which meets and makes recommendations to the Head of Institution on matters relating to the library;
- Submission of the Library Collection Development Policy (CDP) (Including Electronic Resources (e-Resources for the institution;
- Submission of list of books to be procured shall be made based on the Institution’s CDP and guided by the TETFund template.
- Submission of other Library Resources, including tools and equipment to be procured shall be made in accordance with the TETFund template for acquisition of library resources;
- All submissions shall be accompanied with the minutes (or decision extracts) of the meeting of the institution’s LDC.
- All Proposals shall be submitted in hard and soft copies (flash drive). Advance copy may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- In addition to the above requirements, Beneficiary Institutions should note that:
- Once approval is granted for procurement of books and/or other Library resources, substitutions and/or changes in approved specifications and terms of acquisition shall not be entertained;
- Funds for Library Development Intervention shall not be utilised for procurement of consumables or any other items outside the approval.
- Detailed specification of proposed Equipment/Tools/Furniture (e.g ICT equipment, Binding Equipment, Furniture, and other relevant tools MUST be provided)
- Request for accessing first tranche should be within Four (4) months stipulated in the AIP letter.
- Invitation for Financial Bids Opening shall be at least three (3) weeks before the opening of the tender.
- All procured items under this Intervention line MUST have TETFund insignia, and year of intervention stamped on them.